About Holy Trinity
On February 13, 1948, the Archdiocese obtained the title to six lots on the corner of Lonsdale and 27th Street. Forty families formed the nucleus of the parish. At first they met for Mass and other church services in the basement of the home of Captain and Mrs. John Marron who lived at 3361 Lonsdale Ave. By December of 1948 the rectory was completed and Midnight Mass was held in the temporary chapel in the basement. For the next two years as many as 100 people squeezed into the tiny chapel. In the spring of 1950 construction began on the new church. And it was dedicated by Archbishop William Mark Duke on Trinity Sunday, May 20, 1951. In 1954 additional land was acquired for parish growth and the construction of a new elementary school. Expansions of the church, hall and kitchen have occurred in 1958, 1962, 1992, and 1997 increasing the capacity of the church to accommodate 425 people and church hall to 176. The parish now has approximately 1,300 households registered and ministers to 3,600 people.
Six lots purchased by the Archdiocese of Vancouver.
Land purchased for construction of Holy Trinity School. School opens in 1955.
Rectory completed in December, 1948.
Original St. Thomas Aquinas is founded. Graduates of Holy Trinity School continue their education.
New church opens on Trinity Sunday in May, 1951.
New school to replace one opened in September, 2011.